VOLUNTEER > Internships
Vermont Adaptive is looking for interns that are self-motivated, take initiative and have some experience with working with people with disabilities and adventure recreation. It is helpful to have technical outdoor skills and the ability to work well with people. All interns have a strong sense of hard work, flexibility, a love for the outdoors, an open mind and a love for working with people.
All internships are fulltime commitments and potential interns must take this financial burden into consideration when applying.
Summer Internship Opportunities at Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports
Vermont Adaptive offers a variety of internships in various locations to assist with our summer sports and recreation programs.
Winter Internship Opportunities at Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports
Sugarbush Resort in Waitsfield, VT
Pico Mountain in Killington, VT
Bolton Valley Resort, VT
Pico Mountain in Killington, VT - marketing internship (all seasons)
Internship Start Date: Dates for internships vary from student to student and academic requirements are taken into consideration.
Description: The Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports internship is designed to provide learning and hands-on experiences to individuals interested in Adaptive Sports, Therapeutic Recreation, Wilderness Adventure, and Adventure Recreation to gain knowledge and professional experience in these growing fields. Interns are a valuable resource for Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports. Interns get hands on experience in all aspects of seasonal programming, event planning and volunteer management.
- All interns must be at least 18 years of age
- First aid and CPR certification (will assist in obtaining certification)
- Attend three training days
- Competency in computer programs: word, excel, and publisher
- It is helpful to have seasonal sports-specific experience and the ability to work well with others.
- All interns must have a strong work ethic, flexibility, a love for the outdoors, an open mind and a love for working with people.
- Complete a background check and fill out the volunteer application.
- Possible stipend at the end of the season
- Season pass to Pico/Killington, Bolton Valley or Sugarbush if the internship is full-time during the winter; individual lift tickets may be available for part-time interns during the winter
- Adaptive instructor training
- Personal Ski/Snowboard Improvement training (winter)
- Training and Certification opportunities with PSIA (Professional Ski Instructors of America) (winter)
- Pro Deals on equipment (winter)
To Apply: Send resumé and cover letter plus a completed volunteer application to:
Summer & Winter Programming Internships:
Tom Alcorn, Senior Program Coordinator
Phone: (802) 353-7584
Kim Jackson, director of outreach and communications
Phone: (802) 786-4991 ext. 24
• Marketing & Communications Internship